CaDA Solar System Designed By JK Brickworks | C71004W
The C71004W Solar System is perfect for those who love stars and sophisticated gear structural combinations.The sophisticated gear system is compact and the shape of it's designed, making this set aesthetically pleasing to look at. When you turn the handle clockwise, it causes turntables with pointers to rotate in a counterclockwise direction. At exactly the same time three planets of sun, moon and earth start rotating too! The manual contains fan facts of the solar system, as well as the 24 solar terms of traditional Chinese culture.
Pieces : 865
Size : 33*19.4*21cm
I was getting nervous because it took almost 4 weeks to arrive. It actually arrived on his birthday! He seems to love it, but he is not finished with the assembly since he has just had it a few days
This looks a lot like something I built from the Danish stuff as a science project in middle school 35yrs ago, except mine was motorized.
Mehr kann ich noch nicht sagen, da das Set ein Geschenk werden soll.
In terms of product quality, this is the first time I've tried CaDa bricks and I haven't noticed the difference with other brands at all. The quality is very good.
In terms of design, JK Brickworks is one of the best designers, and to have one of their models is amazing. Totally functional.
All in all, a perfect purchase.
Really enjoyed the build! Clutch power is excellent across all the bricks. Packaging is very professional, nicely done. Bricks are clearly high quality. The mechanism runs very smoothly, considering the number of gears.
Only two suggestions for improvement:
1) Some of the step images in the instruction booklets are a bit small. I would have liked either more pages with larger images, or larger format booklets.
2) The Moon showed attached to the geared section early in the instructions in booklet 2, but the actual assembly step for the Moon is at the end of the booklet.
Set arrived after 2 weeksand for the most part was fine, except mine unfortunately ended up missing a piece, and an important one at that since it was the piece for the moon, which is very disappointing.
Sorry for the inconvenience, We have contacted you to arrange a supplement, please kindly check your email.
Been wanting to part this Orrery by the great JK Brickwork's for a couple years now, but then stumbled onto this licensed kit.
- Nice box-art all around. Especially front embossed/raised imagery. Inner box has nice schematic graphics too.
- Very thorough instruction. Step by step approach on par with Mega-Construx.
- Unusual unique brick separator. Handy.
- Large base has good weight to it. Better for handling and moving about than JK's original base design. Can grip and hold easier while using crank/handle.
- Brick quality like Mega Construx. Clutch similar and very good.
- The gold elements have nice look.
- Good quality stickers/graphics.
- A great build, satisfying and enjoyable. Complex yet fairly simple to build. Fun.
- JK's design of the Earth and continents at this small scale.
- Spins rotates smoothly.
- Improves on JK's original design with he himself reworking it.
- Gives hope that CaDA will produce more of JK's designs. Especially hoping for his '2001: A Space Odyssey' Discovery ship.
- Item delivered safe and sound (just a couple of slight dents on the corners of the item's box) in about 3+ weeks to U.S.A.
- Great price.
- HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
- Stickers. Not necessarily bad but on placement of the months on the ring of gold slopes, some can be placed crooked if not careful.
Some of those areas on the ring don't have sturdy clutch so pressing down on the element to place stickers can snap off the element from their plates and hinges.
- Not as good as Lego quality bricks/elements but dang close. Very close.
- Bag 1 corresponded with the first part of the build accurately, but for bag's 2 and 3 you'd need to open all of them and organize your parts for the rest of the build. I enjoy this, but if you're looking for the Lego style of each bag going in order, this kit's bags 2 and 3 don't follow in that fashion.
- Even though on box says 8+, kid's around this age would find it difficult to push certain pins into place, and with the style of instructions would miss some pin placements, etc. Definitely needs adult supervision for kid builders 8 to 12.
- Weight of the large boom, slightly droops that part of the model. Not bad, barely noticeable.
- Originally after ordering no tracking provided, only way to communicate then was to leave a poor review but the Double Eagle site had good communication, got back to me promptly, after that review, on where the package was en-route.
This construction set comes in an appealing packaging - the big fun starts right with the unboxing-experience! Everything fine: the accurate manual, the construction with fine details and the impressive achievement. I hope, in the future there will be more technical sets to come! Thx from Germany!
Got this for a family member who is recuperating from surgery, based on recommendations from co-workers. He is thrilled. I can't wait to see the final assembly!
Despite not being official Lego, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It looks and feels identical to normal while being a fraction of the price and a unique design which makes everyone I show say wow. I genuinely can't stress enough how worth the purchase this item is. Its cheap, fun, and supports an extremely talented youtuber who I've been watching for years. 10/10.