I was getting nervous because it took almost 4 weeks to arrive. It actually arrived on his birthday! He seems to love it, but he is not finished with the assembly since he has just had it a few days
This looks a lot like something I built from the Danish stuff as a science project in middle school 35yrs ago, except mine was motorized.
Mehr kann ich noch nicht sagen, da das Set ein Geschenk werden soll.
In terms of product quality, this is the first time I've tried CaDa bricks and I haven't noticed the difference with other brands at all. The quality is very good.
In terms of design, JK Brickworks is one of the best designers, and to have one of their models is amazing. Totally functional.
All in all, a perfect purchase.
Really enjoyed the build! Clutch power is excellent across all the bricks. Packaging is very professional, nicely done. Bricks are clearly high quality. The mechanism runs very smoothly, considering the number of gears.
Only two suggestions for improvement:
1) Some of the step images in the instruction booklets are a bit small. I would have liked either more pages with larger images, or larger format booklets.
2) The Moon showed attached to the geared section early in the instructions in booklet 2, but the actual assembly step for the Moon is at the end of the booklet.
Shortly after I left my initial review I got a reply back from Double E and they quickly sent me a replacement piece. Very happy with their customer service, super polite and helpful. Set itself is beautiful
Sorry for the inconvenience, We have contacted you to arrange a supplement, please kindly check your email.
Been wanting to part this Orrery by the great JK Brickwork's for a couple years now, but then stumbled onto this licensed kit.
- Nice box-art all around. Especially front embossed/raised imagery. Inner box has nice schematic graphics too.
- Very thorough instruction. Step by step approach on par with Mega-Construx.
- Unusual unique brick separator. Handy.
- Large base has good weight to it. Better for handling and moving about than JK's original base design. Can grip and hold easier while using crank/handle.
- Brick quality like Mega Construx. Clutch similar and very good.
- The gold elements have nice look.
- Good quality stickers/graphics.
- A great build, satisfying and enjoyable. Complex yet fairly simple to build. Fun.
- JK's design of the Earth and continents at this small scale.
- Spins rotates smoothly.
- Improves on JK's original design with he himself reworking it.
- Gives hope that CaDA will produce more of JK's designs. Especially hoping for his '2001: A Space Odyssey' Discovery ship.
- Item delivered safe and sound (just a couple of slight dents on the corners of the item's box) in about 3+ weeks to U.S.A.
- Great price.
- HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
- Stickers. Not necessarily bad but on placement of the months on the ring of gold slopes, some can be placed crooked if not careful.
Some of those areas on the ring don't have sturdy clutch so pressing down on the element to place stickers can snap off the element from their plates and hinges.
- Not as good as Lego quality bricks/elements but dang close. Very close.
- Bag 1 corresponded with the first part of the build accurately, but for bag's 2 and 3 you'd need to open all of them and organize your parts for the rest of the build. I enjoy this, but if you're looking for the Lego style of each bag going in order, this kit's bags 2 and 3 don't follow in that fashion.
- Even though on box says 8+, kid's around this age would find it difficult to push certain pins into place, and with the style of instructions would miss some pin placements, etc. Definitely needs adult supervision for kid builders 8 to 12.
- Weight of the large boom, slightly droops that part of the model. Not bad, barely noticeable.
- Originally after ordering no tracking provided, only way to communicate then was to leave a poor review but the Double Eagle site had good communication, got back to me promptly, after that review, on where the package was en-route.
This construction set comes in an appealing packaging - the big fun starts right with the unboxing-experience! Everything fine: the accurate manual, the construction with fine details and the impressive achievement. I hope, in the future there will be more technical sets to come! Thx from Germany!
Got this for a family member who is recuperating from surgery, based on recommendations from co-workers. He is thrilled. I can't wait to see the final assembly!